The Australian Lash Open Championship
The LIVE Championship will be behind closed doors without audience, completely anonymous. You and your model will be given a number, and this is all the judges have when scoring your work. The winner, second and third in each category will be announced, the rest will receive their score/placement, this won’t be announced publicly unless you wish to share it afterwards.
Online State Challenge
For each entry into the LIVE competition, Classic or Hand Made Volume category, you will get an optional free entry to the online State Challenge. After registration you have until 31 January to send us your photos.
The winner from each city will then compete against each other at the LIVE championship. (Australian & New Zealand residents only)
Submit online entry
Requirements and rules
• Stickies- no lashes sticking together or baby lashes stuck to extensions.
• Blending, no cross-over lashes.
• Attachment of lash extensions without lifting bases.
• 100% Coverage.
• Weight suitability to natural lashes.
• All extensions to sit on an even distance from the eyelid; 0.5-1mm.
• No visible redness or irritation of the eye.
• Clean work – no makeup, excess glue on lashes or pen marks on skin.
• Sterile work conditions, floor judges will check that accurate infection control is applied.
• De-tacking of tape on skin not accepted.
• Clean eye patches. Judges will check that adhesive has not been dabbed on eyepads.
• Correct cleansing routine prior to application.
• 0.05 to 0.07 diameter fiber only to be used.
• 0.05 – max 6d, 0.06 – max 5d, 0,07 – max 4d fans.
• Attachment of fans without lifting or bulky bases, and bases accurately wrapped to the natural hair.
• Hand Made category; all fans to be hand made at time of application. No double dipping in adhesive allowed.
• Pre made category; only pre-approved fans are to be used. No visible adhesive or bulky bases.
• Overall look and design to suit the eye and face shape.
• Direction/straight lines.
• Symmetric outer line gradually blended lashes.
• Shorter diameters inner and outer corners.
• Lengths – suitable for models lashes.
• Mixing of thickness, length and curls are encouraged.
• Uniqueness, choice of model and innovative styling may give extra points.
• Any variance of PBT fiber extensions are accepted.
• Brown and Black extensions accepted.
• Black or clear Cyanoacrylate based adhesive.
• All products are to be accurately labelled according to Australian standards.
0.10 to 0.15 diameter fiber only to be used.1. Purchase ticket2. Submit more info3. Enter State Challenge