The Australian Lash Open Championship
The LIVE Championship will be behind closed doors without audience, completely anonymous. You and your model will be given a number, and this is all the judges have when scoring your work. The winner, second and third in each category will be announced, the rest will receive their score/placement, this won’t be announced publicly unless you wish to share it afterwards.
Online State Challenge
For each entry into the LIVE competition, Classic or Hand Made Volume category, you will get an optional free entry to the online State Challenge. After registration you have until 28 February to send us your photos.
The winner from each city will then compete against each other at the LIVE championship. (Australian & New Zealand residents only)
Submit online entry
Guidelines and rules – Classic/Volume
• Stickies- no lashes sticking together or baby lashes stuck to extensions.
• Blending, no cross-over lashes.
• Attachment of lash extensions without lifting bases.
• 100% Coverage.
• Weight suitability to natural lashes.
• All extensions to sit on an even distance from the eyelid; 0.5-1mm.
• No visible redness or irritation of the eye.
• Clean work – no makeup, excess glue on lashes or pen marks on skin.
• Sterile work conditions, floor judges will check that accurate infection control is applied.
• De-tacking of tape on skin not accepted.
• Clean eye patches. Judges will check that adhesive has not been dabbed on eyepads.
• Correct cleansing routine prior to application.
• 0.05 to 0.07 diameter fiber only to be used.
• 0.05 – max 6d, 0.06 – max 5d, 0,07 – max 4d fans.
• Attachment of fans without lifting or bulky bases, and bases accurately wrapped to the natural hair.
• Hand Made category; all fans to be hand made at time of application. No double dipping in adhesive allowed.
• Pre made category; only pre-approved fans are to be used. No visible adhesive or bulky bases.
• Overall look and design to suit the eye and face shape.
• Direction/straight lines.
• Symmetric outer line gradually blended lashes.
• Shorter diameters inner and outer corners.
• Lengths – suitable for models lashes.
• Mixing of thickness, length and curls are encouraged.
• Uniqueness, choice of model and innovative styling may give extra points.
• Any variance of PBT fiber extensions are accepted.
• Brown and Black extensions accepted.
• Black or clear Cyanoacrylate based adhesive.
• All products are to be accurately labelled according to Australian standards.
0.10 to 0.15 diameter fiber only to be used.
Purchase your ticket.
Then you will need to submit your certificate and date of completion of training.
This will determine which level of experience you will be competing in.
For the Australian and New Zealand residents you can also enter the free state challenge competition.
Requirements for FANTASY / Lash Art
The most amazing lash competitions in the world are the Fantasy/Lash Art categories. Some incredible creations have been seen, the artistry and talent that goes in is out of this world.
At the Australian Lash Open 2020 you can compete in teams of up to three people. The fantasy competition is being held Sunday 22 March 11am-3pm, with judging and photos 3-4pm.
The theme for Lash Open 2020 is “Australia”. Go wild, kangaroos, koalas, jellyfish, crocodile, what could you come up with?
Lash Art show
The model can leave after the finalising of the Lash Open events, but must be back, dressed and ready for the Lash Art Show at 6pm.
The show will kick off the Gala Night dinner with our beautiful models and their Lash Artists.
Rules / guidelines
-The base lash application may be completed prior.
Any fibers may be used, classic, volume, colors, any lengths but have to be esthetically suitable for the look.
-Costumes, props, hair pieces, can all be produced prior.
-Model is to arrive in the room in underwear only (and a robe). The room will be closed off from spectators.
-The model must be free from makeup and any hair products/styling before time starts.
-During the competition you will have 30 min setup, 3 hours to complete the model and 30 min to clean up and leave the room.
Rules/guidelines for Lash Lift
The first Live Lash Lift competition in Australia!
It will be held behind closed doors and judging will be blind, which means no one will know you did that particular model.
How to get top score
•Kit on table when prompted.
•Arrive on time
wear a face mask
•Hair tightened or pinned back
•Wait for timer before starting
•Sterile work conditions, accurate infection control
•No excessive or unnecessary talking
•No de-tacking tape on own skin
•No using of fingers on clients lashes or to move lashes around
•If model tearing, wipe or dry
•Re-sanitise hands after touching clothes, hair, light
•No touching phone during the competition
•Open when promted
•Use safe techniques
•Put down tools when instructed
•General overall impression with open eyes
•General overall impression with closed eyes
•Symmetry between both eyes
•Separation (fluffy clean appearance not clumped together with product)
•Seamless curvature (overall)
•Adhesive residue on lashes/skin
•Colouring/tinting – coverage of all lashes including lower lashes
•Tint stain on the skin
Inner/outer corner lashes (smoothness of the curvature)